Welcome to SoleMates®, the adult charity running program of Girls on the Run of Atlanta!
SoleMates® are men and women who pursue individual goals, such as running a marathon, to raise money for Girls on the Run of Atlanta programs and scholarships. Click Here to Sponsor a Runner
The SoleMates® program provides a great opportunity to give girls an example of healthy living. By joining Girls on the Run of Atlanta SoleMates®, you can play a vital role in ensuring the future success of Girls on the Run programs that impact on the lives of thousands of young women every year.
I’m Ready! How Do I Get Started? Click Here
Registration for SoleMates® is $26. Each team member agrees to raise a minimum of $262 for GOTR 5K events, $500 for all other events by securing donations from friends, family or corporate sponsors. We support our runners every step of the way with effortless on-line fundraising programs and loads of motivational instructions.
When you register, you can select one of our Atlanta partner events or an event of your choice. We support you doing any event at any distance! Please note that registration for SoleMates does not include registration to the actual race you choose to participate in while raising money for Girls on the Run. You will still need to register for the event of your choice independently. These are two separate registrations.
Where Can I Participate?
The Atlanta SoleMates® team chooses a couple official events to focus training runs; however, runners are welcome to participate in other races.
- Georgia Publix Marathon and Half Marathon on March 17, 2013
- Girls on the Run 5K on April 27, 2013 (Race fee covered)
- Allstate 13.1 on October 6, 2013
- Atlanta Marathon on October 27, 2013
- Girls on the Run 5K on November 11, 2013 (Race Fee covered)
- Thanksgiving Day Half-Marathon on November 28, 2013
It is Easy to Get Involved! Click Here
GOTR of Atlanta Supports Our SoleMates® Runners!
- Easy online registration process and online fundraising
- Welcome packet complete with an exclusive Girls on the Run SoleMates New Balance technical t-shirt and other branded gear
- Incentive prizes for participants exceeding fundraising minimums
- Training Manual with marathon and half marathon plans for any level developed by Jenny Hadfield, co-author of best selling Marathoning for Mortals
- Special promotions from national sponsors, Athleta, Garmin and Horizon
- Group training runs (optional varies per event)
- Extra motivation of running for a reason – to change the lives of Girls!
More than a running program…
Just as SoleMates® members are changed by their experience, GOTR uses running to transform the way girls see themselves and their opportunities. Our ultimate goal is to raise enough money to reach every girl and to inspire them to know and activate their limitless potential and to boldly pursue her dreams.