Girls on the Run Spring 5K
Georgia Tech, Bobby Dodd Stadium
The Girls on the Run 5K is the most inspiring event in Atlanta, where 1,300 girls will cross the finish line together with their parents, coaches, teachers, families and friends. This season, we have the exclusive opportunity to finish the 5K inside Bobby Dodd Stadium at Georgia Tech. A once-in-a-lifetime experience for the girls and the community that you don’t want to miss!
Registration: $25 registration includes entrance into the race-day expo featuring healthy refreshments, music, family friendly activities, Happy Hair and a Finisher’s short-sleeved race t-shirt. Race proceeds benefit the Girls on the Run of Atlanta Scholarship Fund. Girls on the Run Girls and Coaches DO NOT need to register for the 5K; participant registration includes 5K registration. All 5K participants who register by April 5th will receive a Finisher’s short sleeved race t-shirt. For 5K registrations received after April 5th, t-shirts are available on a first come, first serve basis, while supplies last.
Schedule of Events:
- 7:00 am EXPO (Callaway Plaza, Bobby Dodd Way Northwest, Atlanta, GA 30313)
- 8:00 am 5K Race (Start Line: Bobby Dodd Way; Waves line up on Yellow Jacket Alley)
- 9:00 am Tot Trot (5 and under; free.)
Packet Pick Up:
- GOTR Coaches will pick up their GOTR packets with race bibs Race Morning.
- GOTR participants will pick up their race bibs from their Coaches Race Morning.
- Parents, Running Buddies, Community Runners, etc. who wish to pick up their t-shirt and race number early can pick up at West Stride. (A friend or family member can pick up your bib and race t-shirt on your behalf.) Race Day pick up and Registration (while supplies last) will also be available.
- Thursday, April 23, 10 am – 7 pm at West Stride
- Friday, April 24, 10 am – 6 pm at West Stride
- Saturday, April 25 (Race Morning), 7:00 am
(5K t-shirts and t-shirt sizes cannot be guaranteed for those registering after April 5th.)
Course Map: coming soon
Expo Map: coming soon
SuperStars: Become a 5K SuperStar and help sponsor a GOTR girl in the program. Sign up when your register online.
In addition to your 5K entry, your $100 SuperStar tax-deductible package includes:
Sports massage certificate
West Stride technical running shirt
Gift card to local restaurants
Limited to 25 SuperStars.
Recycle Your Sneakers: Bring your used running shoes to the 5K. We partner with EcoSneakers who collects gently used rubber soled shoes and makes them available as affordable footwear in developing countries or recycles them for eco-friendly playgrounds. EcoSneakers donates $.75 a pound to GOTR for the sneakers we collect.
Additional Race Info: We will run rain or shine. Only in cases of extreme weather will changes to the race schedule occur. If you opted into the Emergency Alert System during online registration, you will receive a text message. You can also check our Facebook page or Twitter feed for race updates.
This is a family friendly, non-competitive, timed race with all #1 bibs. Runners of all abilities are welcome. Walkers and strollers are welcome.
No pets please.
Thank you for your support of Girls on the Run. We look forward to seeing you at our end-of-season 5K!